IDC's worldwide Business Software Group leads the research and consulting in software applications, software business models (Licensing, Provisioning, and Cloud Applications) and software and infrastructure channels and alliances.
Specific application coverage includes:
- Cloud Applications, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- CRM: Sales and Service, CRM: Marketing technology and Customer Experience
- Enterprise Applications, Digital Commerce and Asset Centric Networks
- Social and Collaborative Technologies and Community Platforms
- Content and Digital Media
- Human Capital Management
- Mobile Enterprise Applications
The current research agenda for the group is built around the concept of business modernization and looks at how businesses can adapt and modernize to thrive in the post-industrial and post-application era. The following diagram shows the areas of focus for the group:
For more information, see the IDC website.